How do we book you?
• Weddings are booked on a first come, first serve basis. Once we’ve confirmed availability and package choice, you will be emailed a booking proposal. We do require a signed contract and non-refundable $1,000 retainer to reserve your date. Dates are not considered booked without the contract and retainer being submitted. Both are submitted electronically within our online booking system so it’s simple and easy! The remaining balance is split into two installments – 50% of the balance is due at the halfway point, and the final 50% is due 15 days prior to your wedding date. In order to better serve our couples, starting with the 2020 season we do only take on full-coverage weddings who are utilizing the services of a local Outer Banks Wedding Coordinator.
What is your style?
• Our editing style is considered “Light & Airy”, and we bring an editorial (or magazine-like) approach to our photography. This means we focus on beautiful images that will stand the test of time without being overly formal and stuffy. In reality, this is a question we’d love to see go away! It matters less how *we* perceive our style, and in reality it’s about if YOU love our work.
What makes you different from other photographers?
• Well for starters, we’re awesome! In all seriousness we’re drawn to couples who are in love with our work. Couples who are laid back and go-with-the-flow. Our couples are full of life, love to laugh, and are not afraid to get a little adventurous to get the shot. We work best with couples who are open to ideas, and feel it’s imperative to our shooting style that our clients trust us 100%. We are NOT Pinterest photographers, and outside of family formals we don’t work from shot lists because your wedding day should be unique to you…not a copy of someone else’s. We have outgoing personalities, and while we know when to keep to ourselves you won’t generally find us hiding in the shadows. We evoke real emotion by integrating ourselves into your family and friends! You may find if you’re shy or reserved we might not be the best fit for you, and that’s totally OK! We want our couples to be as excited about working with us as we are with them!
Talk to us about a “First Look”?
• We are big advocates for a First Look, because we’ve seen first hand at countless weddings how much it helps the timeline of the day and single-handedly makes the couple less stressed. We quite literally watch their anxiety melt away at the First Look, and the result is photos where they look joyful and relaxed. It’s also saved us on many a bad weather day, because we know we’ve got that extra time built in for photos, in the event of rain we’re often still able to have outside portraits. However, we do firmly stand by the motto of “what is important to you is important to us” and not every wedding day (or venue!) needs or is a good fit for a First Look. We would never force or push a couple into a First Look if they didn’t want to. We try to be honest and transparent with couples about the kind of coverage they should expect when going the more traditional route. A First Look is one of the primary ways we’re able to capture the amount of variety on a wedding day as we do, because having that extra time for portraits is such a game-changer. That being said opting out of a First Look doesn’t mean your photos will suffer at all, it just means the variety will be a bit more limited than you see within our average wedding gallery.
Do we have to do an engagement session?
• Do you have to? Well, no. Should you? I highly suggest it. Our 6 & 8 hour packages include a complimentary engagement session, and while it doesn’t change the package if you opt it, we really feel it’s an important part of our wedding workflow. Sessions are designed as a way for us to get to know each other, and for you to get comfortable in front of the camera. I feel really passionate about getting to work with couples before the big day – and get to know you as a unit! Not only that, but it’s just nice to have really awesome photos together in non-wedding attire.
Do you travel?
• Absolutely! We LOVE to travel for weddings and our passport is always current and ready! Our couples have taken us all over and there’s nothing the sparks the creative juices more than new places! We currently spend most of the year based on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and the winter months based in Jaco, Costa Rica.